The NCDAK in partnership with the Non-Communicable Diseases Division Ministry of Health, Kenya held an NCD stakeholders’ Meeting on 28th February to 1st March 2019 at Panorama Park Hotel – Naivasha, Kenya.
With the support of Access Accelerated, the event themed Redefining UHC – the opportunity for NCDs was convened to take stock of progress made towards reducing the NCDs burden and the space of NCDs in the UHC platform.
The objectives of the Meeting were to:
• Review Naivasha 2 commitments and take stock of progress towards achievement of SDG
3.4 and SDG 17 in Kenya and the role of the NCD Inter-agency Coordinating Committee
• Take stock of the strategic partnerships and programs harnessed under the Access Accelerated (AA) Initiative and put in perspective the global commitment made by the AA partnership CEOs towards the NCD agenda in the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) matrix
• Receive feedback on the implementation of UHC by pilot counties to understand the UHC package as related to NCDs
• Demonstrate the progress of engagement of persons living with NCDs and their critical role in halting and reversing the NCD burden
• Review the progress of integrating NCDs and HIV programs